We know that parents have many questions about the upcoming school year. The purpose of this blog entry is to answer many of the questions you might have and to tell you about some upcoming school events.
- Chromebook Pickup for Colts Online Academy Students– We will have a chromebook pickup event for those students who have opted-in to our Colts Online Academy. To pickup a chromebook for your online student, please make sure you have completed the Back-to-School Portal, https://update.cloverleaflocal.org/login , (as it includes a technology agreement form), and then you may come to CES on Friday, August 28th from 8:30-5:00 in the CES cafeteria. Parents should come through the event doors on the Friendsville Road side of the building, walk to the cafeteria, and pickup the chromebook(s) from the CES staff who will make sure all of the paperwork is in order and provide you with a chromebook.
- Class Lists– Student class lists for grades 1-5 will be posted in three window locations at CES on Tuesday, September 1st at 3:00. All of the lists will be posted in the windows by the office, the windows by the event doors, and on the windows to the cafeteria from the playground. Having lists posted in three different locations will help parents be able to view the lists without feeling crowded. Kindergarten class lists will be posted on Wednesday, September 9th.
- Open House– It has been decided that there will not be a whole building Open House this year. Some teachers may decide to create introductory Google slides or videos that you can view at your convenience before school begins. We will share more information with you as soon as we have it.
- Kindergarten Screening– If you have an incoming kindergarten student, and you have not yet received a letter in the mail for a kindergarten screening date and time, please call the office (330-302-0102) and our secretaries will help you schedule a date and time for in-person kindergarten screening. The screening process is also when our kindergarten students will be able to see classrooms and gain some familiarity with the building.
- Pickup and Drop-off– Pickup and drop-off will look a little different this year. We are going to be using a new app called PikMyKid to help with parent pickup and drop-off, but all parent pickup and drop-off will continue to be in the same parking lot off of Buffham Road. We will have more information going out soon about the PikMyKid app. Please do not try to download and install the PikMyKid app until after we send you the registration information. Bus arrival and dismissal will be done differently this year to help with social distancing, and you may notice the buses running a few minutes later the first few days while we master this new process.
- First Days of School for Different Grade Levels– The first day of school for grades 1-5 will be Tuesday, September 8. The first day of school for kindergarten will be Friday, September 11. The first day of school for preschool will be Monday, September 14. Our school day for grades K-5 will continue to be 9:00-3:45.
- Changes to Building Policies and Procedures– To maintain the safety of our students and staff, to assist in maintaining the recommended social distancing, and to reduce logistical difficulties with any contact tracing, parents will not be able to enter the building this year beyond the front office. Unfortunately this means parents will not be able to walk their children to their classrooms or be able to eat lunch with their children at school.